Full stack PHP developer, Moodle
Are you passionate for full stack PHP development? If so, you may soon be part of Eummena - Join our team in 🇬🇷 for impactful open EdTech solutions across the 🌍
We are looking for an expert PHP developer, preferably with hands-on experience on Moodle, to join our team in Piraeus, Greece.
Eummena is an Innovation & EdTech enterprise, strategically in Leuven, Belgium, with establishments in Greece, UAE, and Saudi Arabia. We are at the forefront of future learning and R&D for applying excellence and facilitating digital market growth across Europe. We facilitate the transfer of technical know-how and hands-on expertise to the MENA region and across the globe.
We operate with a "human-first" culture and an Agile DevOps mindset across all our functions. As Moodle's Premium Partner in the largest territory of the EMEA region, we're laser-focused in building and supporting online learning platforms that enable Quality Education for All and bring the value of EdTech to our customers.
Your key responsibilities
As an expert full stack PHP developer you will be leading our Moodle devops squad in implementing online learning platforms, including design and custom development of new Moodle plugins, integrations, and extensions of Moodle's API, etc. You will be involved in every stage of our agile development process, from conceptualisation, prototyping, development, integration, testing, documentation, implementation, user testing and supporting our products with our customers.
- Designing and implementing enterprise level learning management systems based on Moodle.
- Designing and implementing API integrations with third party software.
- Represent Eummena in customer meetings for technical discussions.
Essential qualifications and skills:
- Expert in PHP with 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of the Arabic language will be considered a plus.
- Self-motivated, with strong organizational skills and an inclination towards communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Documented experience with similar position or projects, e.g. personal github page or contribution to open source projects.
- Mission-driven and interested in the field of education technology.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar disciplines.
- Experience with Moodle, including development of bespoke new plugins and integration with other systems.
- Experience with Moodle setup and basic Linux remote shell commands.
- Participation in the Moodle developers community or contributor in Moodle's plugin database.
- Excellent knowledge of git.
- Agile team member, experience in Scrum or Kanban.
- Coaching skills to lead junior fellow developers.
- Database skills, experience with MariaDB and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Mustache templates.
- Knowledge of unit testing, behat testing and accessibility testing.
- Passion for creating high quality products.
- Positive attitude, team worker, experience in distributed dev teams.
- A competitive package of compensation and benefits.
Open source development and participation in global forums on a regular basis.
- A friendly and dynamic working environment in an expanding technology company, as a valuable member of an international multidisciplinary team.
- A great work environment in our offices at the center of Piraeus, with flexibility around working hours and location.
- Great potential for personal development, including several opportunities for targeted training and upskilling.